Saturday 24 January 2009

The Outlook is Sunny

From a cold, albeit sunny day at the end of January, the pictures posted on the ECB website of the the England team, training on the sands in the Caribbean pull a little twinge of jealousy (however it is not as big a twinge as in my leg which has been keeping me up nights over the past few days). They have arrived and are no doubt adapting to the climate of a greater 'personal responsibility' and anticipated income increase from the IPL, should they be lucky enough to be bid for.

Newspaper coverage is good, I'm struggling to keep up with it but a debate that is growing in my head is; does the web version of events from the big four newspapers; The Guardian, The Times, The Independent, and The Daily Telegraph capture all of their paper-based output? Will I 'miss out' if I just go to the web and don't buy the newspaper? The verdict is still out but I'll let you know.

St. Kitts hosts an XI versus XI at Basseterre, St. Kitts starting tomorrow. The first strike of the ball will be heard some time after 2:00 in the afternoon (although the sound will have to travel a pretty long way for me to hear it as I look out of the window (that I now see needs cleaning) here in Wiltshire. I shall be avidly checking Crickinfo for all the updates.


RP


Copyright © 2009 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment